[Cynnabar] Return of weekly updates: Know what, who, where and when it's all happening!

Chatelaine Cynnabar via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Feb 12 12:12:34 EST 2020

THE WEEK AHEAD + A new note section at the end! FEBRUARY 12TH- 16TH
HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON!
Laughter and Crafter
8139 CREEK BEND DRIVE, YPSILANTI
Wednesday 2/12 at 7PM to 10PM

   - Come work on your projects with other members of the Barony as their
   Excellencies graciously open their home for creative space!
   - Miss Freyja, our husky, loves human food and musn't have it, so don't
   give her any, please and thank you!
   - The workshop will open if anyone needs to do armoring.

BARONIAL WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER
https://www.facebook.com/events/487887138582519/
PEOPLES PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 210 SMITH ST, MILAN, MI 48160
THURSDAY 2/13 STARTING AT 6:30

   - Armored Fighting and Rapier Fighting (Until site closes): If you're
   ready to get armored or have questions about fighting in the SCA, this is
   the place to be. We'll tell you what you need or start training you if
   you're ready to start! Contact Jeff Haas and Thomas J. Dowds if you need
   loaner gear.
   - Business Meeting: Want to know what and where happening in the Barony?
   This is the best place to hear about officers and what they're up to,
   future events, group announcements, and so much more.
   - Socializing and Projects: Baronial meetings are a great place to meet
   the people of the Barony. Many people come just to be in the moment or work
   on projects!
   - Sewing Night: Come to the Baronial Meeting and bring your sewing
   machine! This is a great time to focus on those sewing projects that have
   to get done!
   - Dance: 7PM Come join the fun and learn some dances that were done
   pre-seventeenth century! Never danced before? No worries! We'll literally
   walk you through it. Yep! Some dances are as simple as walking!

We'll also likely stop over at Original Gravity for some drinks and snacks
afterwards! Not just alcohol... They have some great pop and ice cream
floats too!

Youth Combat Practice
RENAISSANCE FENCING CLUB 408 OLIVER DR. TROY, MI 48084
Sunday, February 16, 2020. 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Master Nyilas Kazmer continues to offer Youth Combat Practice for
Pentamere. There will be Youth Combat activities at the event and I will
have the loaner gear there.

EVENTS TO BE AT THIS WEEKEND
Adult Swim
The Shoe Factory 700 Hepburn Street, Milton, PA 17847
Gate opens at 8AM $12 Adults ($7 with discount) $? Youth 6-17 years old $?
Youth 5 and under
Come jump in the deep end of fighting, fencing, and the arts. We look
forward to another successful weekend of working on your craft of choice.
Click the link to find out about what else is happening.
https://aethelmearc.org/event/aedult-swim-v/

Pentamere Academy of Defense XIV
228 N Burkhart Rd, Howell, MI 48843
Gate opens at 8AM $15 Adults ($10 with discount) (Bring a dish for potluck
and get another $5 off admission) $? Youth 6-17 years old $? Youth 5 and
under
*No description for the event was given
Click the link to find out about what else is happening.
http://www.ealdnordwuda.midrealm.org/paod20/main.html

Things to note!

   - Beth Lynn is looking for activities and classes for youth at
   Terpsichore
   - The Blackwork class went well! Thanks to Karen Goodburne and Terryl
   Sperlich for working together to put this on!
   - Baroness Hanna (Dawn L. Sinclair) is being elevated to the Order of
   the Laurel next weekend at St. Valentines Day Massacre! Her vigil will be
   from 11am to 4pm. She welcomes your words of advice and/or well wishes. For
   her elevation (This is the part where there is a ceremony in which she
   becomes a Laurel in the SCA) she would like to invite any member of the
   populace who wishes to take part in her processional during court that
   evening. (This is where Baroness Hannah will walk into court to receive the
   Honor of becoming a Laurel.
   - The Fighter Retreat looked snowy but well attended!
   - Have any questions, comments, or suggestions for weekly updates?
   Please let me know! :)
   - Thanks to everyone in the Barony! You all rock!