[Cynnabar] Patience and Hope

Christopher Nelson via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed May 20 15:39:56 EDT 2020

Dearest Barony,

In better times, this weekend would have been Crown tournament.  Many of us
would have been lamenting the cold, grey, and often rainy weather we've
been having for interfering with our outside activities.

As our siege continues, we've entered into a new phase of things.  In this
phase, Patience is a Virtue.

We've settled into our new patterns.  Our more frantic preparations have
quieted.  Our plans for how to continue living our lives has steadied.
Assuredly, these things are not without concerns, but they now become
understanding of life going on.

Patience is not about being able to wait.  It is about how you act while
waiting.

Patience is also bookended by Hope.  After all, we're waiting for something.

Moving through our daily activities is an expression of hope.  Carrying on
marking our seasons, our regular celebrations, and our activities is
another.

Thursday night, we will see many of you at the upcoming Baronial meeting on
Zoom.

Saturday, Their Royal Majesties will have court planned in the Ætherial
realm.

And going on, we will all continue our preparations for when we can be
together again.

We hope to see you soon.

Malachy and Óláfr, Barons Cynnabar