[Cynnabar] January Armored & Rapier Practice

Cynnabar University via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Dec 27 20:59:40 EST 2021

Some updates regarding armored combat practice:

After some deliberation as well as seeking guidance from Kingdom, NIH/CDC,
& WHO, I have decided to suspend practice for at least the first 2 weeks of
January to allow for holiday Covid infection windows to run their course.

After the first 2 weeks, we will reasses and decide if the risk has been
reduced enough to allow for safer* indoor practices. Attendance has been
way down and very light when there are enough to practice so it seems like
this isn't going to be a big sticking point.

My concern is losing momentum, but a big communal transmission of Omicron
variant would do the same thing. Everyone has been very compliant and
stringent about their mask usage at practices so far, but this variant's
characteristics make it easier to spread.

If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out here,
privately, or via email at cynnabar.marshal at midrealm.org and zineill do my
best to answer or find someone with answers.

I know this is not ideal, but risk mitigation is the game we play when we
play during a plague. Please keep an eye on this group or the email list
for further announcements. We aren't going away, just pausing.

In Service,
Baroness Jorun Aragunnrsdottir, GKM