[Cynnabar] Starting up music practices

Monique Rio via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Aug 31 22:39:29 EDT 2022

Greetings Cynnabar!

Aaron and I want to start having sight-reading instrumental music practice
sessions at our house soon. We know we want it to be from 7 - 9 on a
weekday evening with a frequency of either every other week or twice a
month. The idea would be that this is not a performing group, but a group
intending to generally get better at playing and understanding pre-17th
century European music.

As a reminder, we live on the northside of Ann Arbor.

Please let me know:

1) if you're interested, and if so,
2) what days of the week could work for you
3) what instruments you play

We're open to most indoor instruments. If you bring something that only
plays in a few keys (ex: pennywhistle, bagpipes, hurdygurdy) we'll try to
include some music that will work, but bring something chromatic too.

Other disclaimers:
* We have two kittens, so keep that in mind if you have allergies.
* We are all fully vaccinated and boosted, and intend to get the latest
Covid boosters when they come out. We'd expect participants to also be
vaccinated. We don't want to try to do masks. If it gets to the point where
we'd want to mask, we'd just cancel until things calmed down.

Yay music!
-Jadzia