[Cynnabar] Baronial Court Report, Pennsic 50, on the feast day of St. Cynnabarius

Malachy von Ulm via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Aug 16 20:23:09 EDT 2023

Court Report, Pennsic 50, August 9, A.S. 58 - being the feast of St.
Cynnabarius:

The good tidings of the Pennsic War were read with the Midrealm's many
victories.  Of particular note, our archers earned themselves a Dragon's
Teeth upon the fields of the bridge battle!

The Inquisition (who was expected) challenged the veracity and authenticity
of the canonization of St. Cynnabarius.  Our own Champion, Thomas
Throckmorton was drafted to try to interpret for the Inquisitor and assist
in serving in the position of the Advocatus Diaboli.

He was personally quite doubtful of the situation.

Their Excellencies presented the reliquary of Cynnabarius.  For whatever
reason, one of the promised bits of the regalia - the Spear of Cynnabarius -
didn't make it into the stash from our predecessors.  Instead of finding the
expected spear, Their Excellencies found the previously unknown Spork of
Cynnabarius.

Baron Tairdelbach shared the histories of the toe bone of Cynnabarius, and
also the link from Cynnabarius' chain mail.

Four miracles of the inspiration for Cynnabarius were presented to the
populace and the Inquisitor:
- Lord Montana, upon his first days on the field inspired to bravery in the
  battle, slaughtered three of his opponents in a fierce charge.  He was
  thereafter tossed from the bridge and survived his splash down into the
  river, but had lost his helmet in the exchange.  As per ancient tradition
  for bravery shown with a dash of foolishness, Montana was proferred the
  link from Cynnabarius to bear until the Fall revel.
- Our herald Æsa had shewn that tales of old deeds may exposed themselves at
  unusual times of need.  Read into our court and a scroll marking the
  occasion thereof, Sir Charles made Seargeant of the Red Company... in A.S.
  53!
- Captain Bjarki, having stepped down as Our Champion that he may put
  himself forth toward greater Service to the Barony, was recognized as a
  Companion of our Defenders of the Tower.
- Our Mistress Fionna, long a member of Cynnabar (before there was one!),
  was discovered to not have received a single award in her time with us.
  Thus, she was recognized with our Award of the Elephant's Heart.

  But that being too paltry an award for her great service unto many of the
  Barony, in the costuming of many of our members for the Blue Feather Ball
  in the form of the Rocky Horror Renaissance Show, was given the Token of a
  Pearl from the Baron's Coronet.

The Inquisitor and the Advocatus, being slowly and confusingly moved towards
being convinced of the veracity of the inspiration of Cynnabarius... still
had lingering doubts.

Recognizing that such doubts much have nefarious origins, Their Excellencies
proffered a potion of an herbacious form as inspired by St. Hildegard von
Bingen and a Spanish concoction unto the populace.  Having consumed this
potion, the doubts were dispelled and the Inquisition was convinced of the
Inspirations of Cynnabarius.

Sealed by our hand and our drinking horn that Wednesday, Malachy and Óláfr,
Barons of Cynnabar