[Cynnabar Dance] Dancing at Twelfth Night

Elaine Cohen elainec at comcast.net
Fri Dec 6 17:35:18 EST 2013

Please spread the word - there will be Dancing at Twelfth Night!

At 2pm, there is a special event - The Penta Pentamere Dances. The Baron
and Baroness of each Barony will choose a dance of a different style,
and an effort will be made to do the 5 chosen dances at all Pentamere
events.  There will be a booklet of dance instructions (more detailed
than the Terp book) available at the event, and Musica Subterranea will
be recording an accompanying CD (to be released at a future date).
We're very excited about this opportunity to promote more dance in our
region!

Baroness Gwenllyen has requested that Cynnabar dancers and the
Saltatoris dancers each dance half of the dances up for choosing. We
have been asked to dance the following dances:

Queen's Alman
Petite Rose
New Yere
Green Gynger
Gracca Amorosa

I know we'll all be busy running the event, but I hope that some of us
can be there to help out with this at that time!

There will be open dancing from 11am to Noon, 1pm to 2pm, and 3pm to
4pm, with live music from the following list of dances:

Amoroso
Belfiore
Bella Gioiosa
Belle Qui Pavanne (and Galliard)
Black Almayn
Black Nag
Bizarria d'Amore
Castellana
Contrapasso in Due
Fedelta
Gathering Peascods
Ginevra Weasley
Goddesses
Gracca Amorosa
Green Gynger
Grimstock
Heart's Ease
Hit or Misse
Horses Bransle
Hyde Park
If All the World Were Paper
Jenny Pluck Pears
Korobushka
Lorayne Alman
Ly Bens Distonys
Madam Sosilia's Alman
Marchesana
Montard Bransle
New Alman
New Yere
Official Bransle
Parsons Farewell
Petite Rose
Petit Vriens
Picking of Sticks
Queen's Alman
Rostiboli
Rufty Tufty
St. Martins
Sellenger's Round
Stingo
Washerwoman's Bransle
Whirlygig

There will also be an evening ball, after feast, with the following dances:

Set 1 Black Alman, Petite Rose, Rufty Tufty, Green Gynger, Montarde Bransle,
Hyde Park, Gracca Amorosa, Korobushka

Set 2 Sellinger's Round, Petite Vriens, Bizzaria d'Amore, Horses Bransle,
Black Nag, Ginevra Weasley, Ly Bens Distonys, Bella Gioiosa

Yay dancing!
Alina