[Cynnabar] Call for Vocal Heralds for Baronial Revel on Apr 25

Shoshana Jackson shoshigana at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 09:48:30 EDT 2010

Greetings, all-

In the spirit of adding more pageantry to the upcoming tourney, Their Excellencies have requested heralds for the calling of the lists.  I will be organizing this crew of criers.  I am recruiting as many as are interested.  Here is a good resource for what will (more or less - probably less :p) happen, to give you a basic idea.  http://www.therotunda.net/heraldry/field-1.html

I would strongly prefer that volunteers to herald are NOT competing (because we don't really know when you'll be available vs. fighting) in the tourney.  Spouses, children ('tween and up, please), parents and friends of those competing are ENCOURAGED to come herald.

We will hold a workshop around 1:15 (since the tourney is expected to begin at 2pm, at Their Excellencies' pleasure) to warm up our vocal chords and to get the feel for the kinds of things we'll be saying.  We'll also make sure that we have GOOD pronunciation notes, because while "Jason Irenfist" is reasonably easy to decode, "Tairdelbach ua Conaill" isn't (for most of us).

I would like at least FOUR people to volunteer for this.  Reply to me to confirm.  If more people volunteer the day-of, that's great, but I need at least four to volunteer ahead of time, so I know we're covered.  If you are uncertain whether you're "qualified" to do this, volunteer anyway - if you decide you don't want to, after the workshop, I'll burn you at the stake.  I mean... let you go back to your friends unscathed.  :p  Really, the biggest 'qualification' is a desire to help make the tournament more of a spectator sport for the audience.  We'll help get you the rest of the way there.

YIS-
  Rebbah Chaya-Simcha
  Pursuivant

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.
- Yiddish proverb