[Cynnabar] Wassail! The Musical and other classes

Aaron Elkiss aelkiss at umich.edu
Wed Dec 8 14:41:54 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ann Asplund <asplund.ann at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: Wassail classes - update on schedule and cry for descriptions :)
To: Aaron Elkiss <aelkiss at umich.edu>, Monique Rio
<nique.rio at gmail.com>, Debora Vanheyningen
<magda_vogelsang at yahoo.com>, The Watson Family
<drwatson at modempool.com>, Carol Perry Lagemann
<carolanneperry at gmail.com>

Hi all!
Here is the final version of the schedule - we had to move some
around, but I hope it will work for everyone.

1.30 - 2.30 Iya Kasha Alekseeva (Carol Perry Lagemann: carolanneperry at gmail.com)
Class name: Pérotin and the Music of the Notre Dame School
Instructor: THL Iya Kasha Alekseeva
style of the Notre Dame school, a group of composers working at the
Notre Dame Cathedral between 1150 and 1260.  It will explain organum,
rhythmic modes and modal notation, and the development of the motet.
The piece "Alleluia, Nativitas" by Pérotin will be examined as one
example of the Notre Dame compositional style.

2.30 - 3.30  Wassail! The Musical
Join us in song and learn some fun rounds and drinking songs collected
by Thomas Ravenscroft around 1610. Song instructor, Aaron Drummon
(Aaron Elkiss) and Jadwiga Krzyzanowska (Monique RioElkiss).

 3.30 -4.30 "Viking Ornamentation - Bead Necklaces (or just come and
string beads with Brigitta!)"
Participants will view example, then choose and string beads for a
Viking Era Treasure Necklace. People may wish to bring one focal bead,
medallion, or Thor's hammer.
Fee: $2
Class Limit: 20
Age: 10 years and up

4.30 - 5.30 Sugarpaste Walnuts
Instructor:Lady Magdalena Vogelsang
Sugarpaste is a sugar clay used for making subtleties in period.
Learn a bit about sugarpaste, and make a realistic walnut out of
sugarpaste colored with cinnamon.

Limit: 10 (more can watch, but I only have 10 molds).
Fee: $1 (for supplies)

The schedule will be available on site, and please let me know asap,
if someone needs to change times :)

Best,
Ann