[Cynnabar] Fwd: [Mid] IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT VALDAY 37 ON 2/13/10

Anne Stevenson-Less elaine242 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:49:08 EST 2010

Information regarding Val Day.

Yours,
Giovanna

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judith Kirk <judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu>
Date: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Subject: [Mid] IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT VALDAY 37 ON 2/13/10
To: mk-pelican at midrealm.org, sca-middle at midrealm.org, midlaurel at minstrel.com,
mizsiobhan at yahoo.com

** High Priority **

Please share to any appropriate lists/individuals as desired

**********
Greetings to all who read these letters, from Banbharun Siobhan
O'Neill on behalf of the ValDay event staff. Please forward this
any and all who may be attending ValDay 37 on February 13, 2010 in
the Canton of Three Hills.

There are a few changes we are making to ValDay and we want to
share this information as widely as possible. This information is
 on the event webpage . Please share it with your
friends who are planning to come to ValDay.

The Health Department and Fire Marshal have instituted *NEW*
policies that affect and apply equally to all renters of the
facility.  We must comply with these policies and respectfully
request all attendees cooperate with the new policies. We are
informing you of these new rules ahead of time to avoid any
potentially embarrassing situations that may arise.

We need to reinstate our NO DAY CAMPS policy, for all areas of the
Fairgrounds, to comply with the Fire Marshal and Health Department
regulations.  Please assist us in following these rules to ensure
our continued ability to host Val Day at this unique site.

1. NO DAY CAMPS PERMITTED

ALLOWED: personal chairs, small coolers, fighting gear, small
personal items, personal food and drinks. Your goal would be to
carry ONE load of stuff into the event.

NOT ALLOWED:  rugs, tables, A&S displays outside the official A&S
display, banner stands, large storage boxes, buffets of open food,
and pop-ups.  Really, if it takes 3 trips to bring your stuff in,
or
two people to carry something, then you have too much stuff!

2. NO OPEN FOOD BUFFETS

We cannot have open tables of food anywhere in the facility, the
Health Department feels this is a potentially dangerous situation,
and we respectfully request that you don't set out buffets or
trays
of food at ValDay.  Eat your lunch in the tavern area or in your
chair, then
dispose of all food and wrappers immediately. We -really-
appreciate your help on this.

3. AREAS NEAR FIRE DOORS MUST BE KEPT CLEAR

Fire doors must be kept clear.  List poles and ropes will help
designate the areas to keep clear.  Please assist us by asking
those
who put stuff in the areas to locate to a new spot.

4. NO DAY CAMPS IN THE HALLWAYS

We are not allowed to have daycamps of ANY kind, in the concrete
hallway between the Merchant Hall and the Heavy Fighting Hall, or
in
any of the other hallways. This too is a fire marshal and facility
issue.

We realize and appreciate that many of our SCA friends want to
bring lots of cool stuff to the event, but ValDay is so large that
we need to make compromises and we must keep the facility and
mundane authorities happy. We truly appreciate your cooperation
and
help with this.

Thank you, and please let us know if you have any questions,

Banbharun Siobhan O'Neill, CL, CP (judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu)
Lady Ingrid of the Green, Event Steward  (ingrid774 at yahoo.com)
Lady Kolfinna Svanna,Event Steward  (kellynna1 at yahoo.com)

From:  Judith Kirk <judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu>