[Cynnabar] "The Dream" or "Magic" etc...

Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski panzygmunt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:21:24 EST 2010

It's been a little quiet.

So, what was the first time you had one of those "magic" moments in the SCA,
when for just a second, you were not in our time any more? It can be
anything at all.

Here's a couple to get the ball started:

One night, at Siege of Talonval 7: Just after sundown, three pavilions in a
row, nothing mundane in sight, illuminated by torches.
My first field battle at Pennsic was a broken field battle, surrounded by
Northwoods and Cynnabar, watching as the East and its allies approached.
SLowly the amount of people I could see went down by thousands, to hundreds,
to dezens, and then just the few in my vision. And as they slowly marched
on, at first nothing happened but you could hear shouts and hear the clank
of metal as they marched in. Then ballista bolts came in. One skidded along
the ground by my feet. Followed by arrows, then just before the clash,
javelins and hand axes whirled by my head.
Alternatively, whatr do you do to keep the dream or the magic alive? Is this
even a concept you find useful.

Talk amongst yourselves. :)
--
Zygmunt Nadratowski
"To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To