[Cynnabar] Fwd: [NorthwoodsBarony] Fw: [Pennsic_Teachers] Children's Water Battle Canceled - please cross-post

Hannah hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 07:17:56 EDT 2010

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: CJ Baschal <ciejye2 at yahoo.com>
Date: July 21, 2010 5:51:57 AM EDT
To: ealdnordwuda at yahoogroups.com, northwoodsbarony at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NorthwoodsBarony] Fw: [Pennsic_Teachers] Children's Water Battle Canceled - please cross-post

--- On Tue, 7/20/10, Catherine Aimee Le Moyne <university at pennsicwar.org> wrote:

From: Catherine Aimee Le Moyne <university at pennsicwar.org>
To: "pennsic_teachers" <Pennsic_Teachers at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 8:42 PM

I just sent this to the Pennsic Webmistress, and want to make sure it gets the widest distribution possible -

I am very sorry to have to report that the Children's Water Battle at PW 39 has been canceled.
From Baron Johann Kinslayer, House Shadowclans

"It is with a heavy heart that I must report to you that [we] will not be able to host the Children's Water Battle this year....I will not be able to pull it off.  We had thought that by ending the Corn Party we would be able to save our resources for the Water Battle. This did not last long. Based on last year's event, we barely had enough adults to man the walls, let alone set up everything. With this year's economy, volunteerism, and attendance at their current states, we won’t be able to do it on our end. The back ups that I have cultivated in case this ever happened have all failed for all the usual reasons. They are all trying to save their jobs, houses, etc.

"It's hard to watch something end. Some of us have been throwing the Children's Water Battle since 1991. We've had kids that we've soaked in mud bringing their own children back for the spa treatment! Then there were a few years where we weren't able to host a water battle, until the opportunity of the fort presented itself...."

In addition, several of the organizers on the Children's side of the battle are prevented by illness and/or unemployment from attending Pennsic at all this year.
It is our great hope that this will be a simple hiatus, as has happened before, but we want to make sure that the children have a little time to adjust to the idea of not having a water battle this year.

Please cross-post this message to anywhere appropriate. If you wish to help with bringing back the Water Battle for PW 40, please contact House Shadowclans (http://www.shadowclans.org/).

Catherine Aimee Le Moyne, OP

Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY: New Members 2
Visit Your Group
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.