[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 3/29/10

Anne Stevenson-Less elaine242 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 10:19:40 EDT 2010

I have always thought it would be great for us to participate in the
Ypsilanti Heritage Festival!  Often times it has been on the same weekend as
Pennsic, but not this year! There is plenty of room out there for fighting
and demoing - and it is generally a lot of fun.

I know that people will be pretty tired from Pennsic, but I think we should
see if we could generate some interest!

-Giovanna

*NEW BUSINESS*
**

*Ypsilanti Heritage Festival*
This festival will be Fri, Sat, Sun, Aug 20,21,22. The weekend after Pennsic
ends.
This is a huge event.  It would be great exposure for our Baronyy.
A booth costs $85.  To participate is free.  More discussion to follow.
******

*Thrones*
The Baron Tairdelbach says that both sets of thrones, Sitting and Traveling,
need to be replaced. There is structural damage on both after many years of
use.

The Baron proposes that there be a bidding process.  The total bid package
includes design, construction, costs and completion date.  The bid can be a
collaboration. The deadline to submit a bid is the first business meeting in
May.
**********

*OFFICER REPORTS*

*Chatelaine*
Gold Key inventory process continues
Crazy Wisdom free ad has been submitted
*****

*Exchequer*
We have $4300.00 approximately
******

*Chronicler*
The March edition of the Citadel is published
Deadline for the June edition is May 25.
****

*Herald*
Roll of Arms has 26 entries.
The Order of Precedence will be updated.
The Class at Investiture was well attended.
Six names and six devices will be submitted this month.  Submissions must be
done separately.
Heraldry Day- The Herald will hold an open house at her home on the first
Monday of each month to anyone who needs help or wants to work     on
heraldric projects.
The Herald will make a budget proposal for heraldric gifts to be given after
games.
*******

*Armored Marshal*
The February and March Tournaments were held on Sun, March 28, 2010.
Practice will be held outside at Island Park starting at the end of April.

Uillec says that he needs another duffle bag to separate equipment.  He does
not always need bring everthing to the practice field.

He will submit a budget proposal at later time.
******

*Fencing Marshal*
There are four new authorizations.
Alex won the tournament on Sun, March 28.
There is now a facebook page for youth fencers.
There may be a youth tournament at Grand Tourney.
*******

*Webminister*
The new website is up and being updated.
It will be complete by the first meeing in May.
******

*MOAS*
Jadwiga would like to know what you have been working on since January 2010.
The classes at Investiture were well attended.

*Baron and Baroness*
We are still a Barony.
*****

*Seneschal*
There will be a meeting with Roaring Wastes about Baronial Borders.

The area being discussed:
west of I-275
north of US12
south of I-96