[Cynnabar] reminder minutes 5/17/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 00:14:07 EDT 2010

Barony of Cynnabar
Weekly Meeting
Mon, May 17, 2010

Announcements

Melee Practice
Regional Melee practice is at Ella Sharp Park Rotunda in Jackson, Michigan, Thursday, May 20 starting at 6:30p. This is the
same place Talonval holds its regular Tuesday practice.

For more info see Baron Tairdelbach's email from May 17.

Pennsic
The deadline to pre-register to camp with the Barony of Cynnabar is June 1. Our land allotment is determined at this time.  Contact Sir Straum for details.

Archery Practice
Practice is every Wednesday at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.

Baronial Website
The new website is up.

Events
Nothing to report

New Business

Newcomers
William, a newcomer attended Sunday fight practice and a Monday meeting for the first time.  Welcome, William.

Grand Tourney
Sir Straum proposes that we spend $150.00 for more tokens to be used for wagering at Grand Tourney.

Campaign to End Name Uniqueness
Our Herald says that SCA-wide, members are being asked to allow other people with similar persona names to register that similar name.  More discussion to follow.

Old Business

Loaner Fencing Swords
Lord Arnold proposed that the group purchase at least one, preferably two new loaner swords. One rapier is 43" long for melee, the other is 37" long for standard fencing .  Both are $95.00 each-on sale.  With shipping it would cost about approximately $115 each.

The Barony owns one adult sword.  The rest are the personal property of Lord Arnold. Since we have a growing community of fencers he feels that this new equipment would be helpful.

Lord Arnold brought one of the proposed swords to fencing practice on Sunday.  All who used it were pleased.

A decision will be made on Mon, May 24, 2010

Armored Helms
The armored fighters proposed $200.00 (total includes shipping) for two new helms.

A decision will be made on Mon, May 24, 2010

Demo Table Banner
The Chatelaine would like to have a display banner that would stretch across the front or back of the table at recruiting events. This will help us be identified easier. More discussion and research to follow.

Slide Show
The Chatelaine would like to create a slide show (running on a computer) to be used at recruiting events. I would appreciate photographs from events past and present that would be helpful to newcomers.  Please send them to- chatelaine at cynnabar.org.  Also, lf anyone is interested in working on this project with Amyon, please contact her.

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
Aug 20-22, Riverside Park, Ypsilanti

We have the 1000 square feet we requested. Our site will be under a grove of trees by the river.

We are waiting for confirmation from the Festival organizers regarding set-up and tear down.