[Cynnabar] Award recomendations

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 16:25:41 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Summer is upon us -- which means -- more and more events! I would like to encourage you all to make award recommendations for your great and worthy fellow citizens of our properous Barony.  NOW is a great time to write in awards for the big events that we have
coming up -- such as Border War, Siege of Talonval and Pennsic! I'm told the scribes are being given 3-4 weeks lead time for events.

You can do so by going to the midrealm.org and scroll down to the section called "What's Where". There is a line of type there to click on. You will need a user name and password to do this if you have not done so before. Every voice is heard -- so it's important to do this! Really!

Also, I have it on good authority that Her Majesty is in the process of 'clearing out' missing, needed, overlooked and worthy awards from the data base. What does this mean? Well, it means that if you've already submitted something and it was not awarded -- there's still a chance that it might be! You will need to write it up again to update the event information. Most of the time they have not been given because the events have long since passed. So, for example if you wrote in for "Bob the Builder" to receive a Willow for his woodworking skills --- and in your recommendation you said he would be at Baron Wars (which has now passed) -- you can resubmit that and update the list to upcoming events. Please use your best judgment when listing those events -- It's important that the recipient be in attendance to receive the award as well! The system should have sent you a reply with your text in it -- so just copy and paste away.

Feel free to email either Baron
Tairdelbach or myself with your suggestion(s), too, and If we deem it fit, we can write a supplemental recommendation!

If you have any questions, I will gladly try my best to help with the process!

Baroness Hannah

There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton