[Cynnabar] Upcoming Kingdom A&S Display

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed May 26 14:18:47 EDT 2010

 From the A&S 50 list

Greetings Fellow Midrealmers and potential travelers,

I am so pleased to be able to put out the word that Lady Jadwiga
Wlodzislawska's on-going history project will be on display at the
Middle Kingdom A&S Competition as part of an A&S 50 Challenge Display.
She will not be able to have it on display for Crown however, so don't
miss your chance to see it in person on Saturday!

This is an opportunity to see the first 14 or so panels from her
ambitious tapestry project to put our SCA history on record in the
manner of the Bayeux Tapestry.

You can find pictures of finished panels, a video of the first 10
panels, and a detailed year by year plan at http://carrotkhan.webs.com/.

The A&S 50 Challenge will have a display of work during the day from
any member of the challenge who wishes to participate. We will have a
meet and greet by the display at 4 pm. If you are not familiar with
the Challenge, please take the time to go to http://artsandsciences50.org/
. If you are interested, please join us even if you haven't officially
registered to take part in the Challenge.

There is also a yahoo group for the Challenge if you would like to
join the discussions. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AandS50ChallengeCommunity

You have until 1 May 2015 to complete 50 things that will challenge
you in the Arts and Sciences (in depth or breadth) and you can count
any work done after 1 May 2007! The Challenge is just over two years
old and at least one person in the Midrealm, THL Johnnae llyn Lewis,
has already completed two sets of 50 challenges and is working on her
third. Many of you I'm sure have already benefited from her numerous
publications throughout the Society in Tournaments Illuminated, The
Pale, the Florilgium, and several more.

Lady Verena Entenwirth maintains the Midrealm A&S 50 website, which
can be found at http://www.middleas50.org/index.php?pr=AS_50_Challenge

If you have further questions, please e-mail me privately at
Baroness_cat"at"hotmail"dot"com.

Regards,
Cathryn of Chester
Oaken Regional Coordinator