[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10

Pat West fortune561 at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 07:16:44 EDT 2010

Barony of Cynnabar
Meeting Minutes
Mon, May 24, 2010

Announcements

Baronial Website
Lord Aaron says the new website is posted. He will be updating and making changes as needed.

Pennsic Music
Lord Aaron has been appointed the Music Coordinator at Pennsic this year.

Media Relations
Her Excellency Giovanna is now the new Kingdom Media Relations Officer.

Pennsic
The deadline to pre-register to camp with the Barony of Cynnabar is June 1. Our land allotment is determined by the number pre-registered.  Contact Sir Straum for details.

Archery Practice
Practice is every Wednesday at Dillon's house from 5:30p until dark. The address is 330 West Clark road, Ypsilanti, MI 48198.  Because of low attendance on Dillon asks if there is a better day for practice when more people would come out.  Perhaps Thursday.  He is open for suggestions.

Pennsic Baronial Court
Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah requests that award recommendations for Baronial Court at Pennsic be submitted.  Details on how the court will follow later.

Kingdom Award Nominations
Their Excellencies encourage you all to make award recommendations for your great and worthy fellow citizens of our prosperous Barony. NOW is a great time to write in awards for the big events such as Border War, Siege of Talonval and Pennsic. The scribes are being given 3-4 weeks lead time for events.

Saline Celtic Fest
The annual Saline Celtic Fest is Sat, July 17.

Kill and Grill
Baron Tairdelbach says we will have the monthly tournament and Kill and Grill on Sunday, May 30, at Island Park

Events

Sgt Jason Irenfest attended the Aethelmearc War Practice this past weekend.  He said it wet, but fun.

Lord Arnold attended the Squire's Tourney.

Sir Straum attended Regional War Practice recently.  He said about 20-21 people attended.

Old Business

Loaner Fencing Swords
The proposal to purchase two loaner swords, one 43" long for melee, and one 37" long for standard fencing for $115.00 each(including shipping) has been approved.

A check for $230.00 was dispersed to Lord Arnold.

Armored Helms
The armored fighters proposed $200.00(including shipping) for two new helms.

This proposal has been approved. A check was dispersed to Sgt Jason for $200.00.

Demo Table Banner
No new formation.

Ypsilanti Heritage Festival
Fri, Aug 20, 12p- Sun, Aug 22, 6pm
Riverside Park

Instead of a three-day encampment the group is considering doing only a demo on Saturday.  Because we are just back from Pennsic three more days of the same could be too much.

The Encampment requires:
1. Time commitment
    a. Three days and 2 nights, (overnights included)
    b. 3 days and 3 nights if we set-up on Thursday
2. Period tents
    a. once tents are set they cannot be taken down
3. Information table
    need people to work the table during Festival hours
4. A&S table
    need people to work the table during Festival hours
5. Other SCA activities
    To create a more complete presence we would need people working on Arts and Sciences projects throughout the event.
6. Demo- on one of the days
    A. Need
      1. singers
      2. dancers
      3. musicians
      4. armored combat
      5. rapier

-We provide our own tables, chairs, security etc.
-Nothing can be dismantled until closing.
-Cars cannot be brought into the park between Friday, 12p-Sun, 6p.
-There will be shuttles that drop attendees near the park within walking distance.
-Golf carts can be made available for transport from the vendor parking lot to the site for those who need them.

The Demo Only commitment requires:
1. Set-up list field
2. Performance- 30-60 minutes
    1. singers
    2. dancers
    3. musicians
    4. armored combat
    5. rapier
3. Tear-down list field

I am checking to see how close we can get vehicles transporting the list field to the site without violating policy.

The organizers need an answer as soon as possible.

Thrones
Their Excellencies have submitted a proposal from Baron Conal for $500.00 for two chairs.  It would be an extra $25 per chair($50 for two) for the finish of their choice.  More discussion to follow.

Pennsic Arms Display
The Herald has received 33 entries.  The deadline is June 30 to submit your arms information to the Herald.

Grand Tourney
The proposal to use the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Livonia as a site for $125.00 has been approved.

The check was dispersed to Autocrat, Lady Amyon.

Tokens
Sir Straum proposes that we spend $150.00 tokens to be used for wagering at Grand Tourney.

Big House Big Heart Charity Run
Oct, 2-3,
University of Michigan Football Stadium
Registration before Aug 31 is $13/person.  Sign-up is on an individual basis. Contact Galen for more info.

12th Night
Sat, Jan 8, 2011
The site fee of $700.00 for the Dixboro United Methodist Church site has been approved.
A check was dispersed to co-Autocrat, Lady Amyon.

Sun Shade
The proposal for $500.00 to purchase the sun shade from Sir Straum and $100 for supplies to keep it working has been approved.

A check was dispersed to Sir Straum.

Gold Key
The cataloguing continues

Investiture
A final accounting will come soon.

Chronicler
We need a new chronicler.  Our current officer, Ysendra de Craig is leaving the area. If anyone is interested please contact her. The group is also discussing what responsibilities of Chronicler should be and a new format for the Citadel.

New Business

New Meeting Site
His Excellency Gregoire suggests we consider how we can make business meetings more fun and parking easier. Corner Brewery in Depot Town in Ypsilanti is willing to have the group meet without requiring us to make a purchase.  The group is open to ideas.  More discussion to follow.

New Barony
Baron Tairdelbach reports that The Incipient Barony of Ayreton(Chicagoland area) is working on being raised to a Barony. He said Their Royal Majesties suggest that, as a region, we offer them a gift.  It should be regalia quality or useful. Sir Straum suggested we make war shields.  An added suggestion was that another group make tabards. More discussion to follow.

Meeting Adjourned
I apologize for any inaccuracies

Amyon