[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10

Heidi Lemon heidi.ma2 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 21:30:15 EDT 2010

We agree with His Excellency Gregoire.

I am speaking for Uillec (Knight Marshall) and myself.  If any of you know
us, we attended the meeting pretty regularly up until the meetings moved to
the League, now we very rarely go to the meetings.   We have commented to
numerous people and in the meetings about the problems with the parking.

While we do not whole heartily agree with the Ypsi site, (it will be close
to 20 miles for us to drive since we live in Dexter) we would much rather
drive 20 miles and know we have a parking spot than drive the 10 miles and
have to walk 3 to 5 blocks from a parking structure.  Maybe we could even
look into a spot that is in between Ann Arbor and Ypsi.   This is not the
first time that this topic has come up, but maybe it is time to do something
about it.

As His Excellency has pointed out, he does not believe that we even qualify
as a student group at this time.  We have never understood why we depend on
the University when we get so little return.   Other groups that do not have
a University in there area grow and even prosper.  Maybe it is time we stop
depending on the University so much.

We would like to suggest that we take a pole of the people that *REGULARLY
attend *the weekly meetings as to there preference.   Unfortunately, this
may be a point where the majority rules since there is no why to accommodate
everyone.

Uillec and Ilse