[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10

deforest piper darnpiper at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 23:29:57 EDT 2010

> Basically, you need to have the student group and the outside organization > be separate entities, the student group has only students and has a
> separate leadership structure (at least on paper) and then the events in
> UM rooms would have to be Barony of Cynnabar Student Group events rather
> than Barony of Cynnabar events. (Not sure if that would then violate some > kind of SCA rule, but I suspect there's some way to do it so that both the > University and the SCA are happy, at least on paper.)

Yup. 2 separate organizations. Totally legal. Totally above board. We would have the choice as to whether or not we would wish to make the student group a recognized SCA group (either a college or a canton) or create it as a non-SCA recognized group that exists to, well, basically... get us rooms. Either way is doable and would assure us of being able to get reservations (inasmuch as we are assured of that now).

Like I said there is nothing in either University policy or SCA rules that prevents us from solidifying the student group such that we would be safe from possible problems of losing our various sites.

What has kept us from having these rooms safely are the actions of a small group of people.

DeForest