[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10

deforest piper darnpiper at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 23:55:54 EDT 2010

> I do not think that relying on the campus for everything is wise, nor
> healthy, especially given our essentially parasytic relationship with the > campus.

Yeah, we are pretty parasitic in relation to the University, but we don't have to be. There is no _structural_ reason that exists that forces us into a parasitic relationship of this sort. This relationship evolved over time because some people _wanted_ the relationship to be parasitic and made decisions such that that happened.

The relationship between Cynnabar and the University doesn't have to be parasitic. For a Barony that is so passionate about period shoes (did you see how many pairs were ordered? I have bragged about that to people I know in other Kingdoms let alone other groups in the Middle Kingdom.) you'd think that we would be all over any chance to further the possibilities of increasing our mission as an educational group.

DeForest