[Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10

connie blair gulli_av_grendelag at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 10:29:48 EDT 2010

not just Washnenaw

-Gully

--- On Sat, 5/29/10, Jen Conrad <luveday at comcast.net> wrote:

From: Jen Conrad <luveday at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Cynnabar] meeting minutes for 5/24/10
To: barony at cynnabar.org
Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 6:19 AM

ok, if we're staying at the U for the students, how many actually show
up to the meetings?  When I've been able to make the meetings, it's been
the folks I've known for years (which is a good thing)  I remember when
we moved from the preschool to the Union, and it seems like we lost
folks in that process, but I could be wrong.

I also think that having the meetings on campus may be scaring potential
members away.  There are a lot of people in this area that try to avoid
downtown because of the mess that is parking.  Another possible reason
we may have low attendance is that some people may think that the
business part of the meetings start too late.  I know that we've always
had the business meetings at 8 PM, but maybe it's time we also looked at
changing that to 7 PM.

Finally, we need to remember that the Barony covers all of Washtenaw,
not just the few square miles that is the U of M campus.  It seems like
we tend to forget that from time to time.

Luveday