[Cynnabar] Meeting Minutes 10/11/2010

Bjarki Bjornson docdtw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:05:31 EDT 2010

14 people
35 minutes

Announcements:
Armored Practice and Rapier has moved to the Anderson Room
 His Excellency Jason will be teaching basic armored fighting skills at
practice this sunday

Arts and Science Night
 Wednesdays at 7pm at Aaron and Moniques

Listfield workers needed contact Vincent Oct 23 10-2pm

Event and Demo:
 Yspi Libary demo
  Many people attended from our group to make for a fantastic demo. The
library was very happy.
  We will receive a $250 donation for the event.
   Next year we need more hands on things.
   We need to ask next year what age group we are catering to

 Stone Dog Inn (Areyton)
  Rapier tournament and Gambling was fun.
  Alexander Drache won the Rapier Tourney

 Magical dinner (Summer Knoll)
  singers did a demo

 Coronation
  good event

 Summer Revel
 Held Oct. 3rd By Randy and Arin
  good time was had by all

 Fun run
  Half a dozen or so people ran and had a fun time doing it and enjoyed
being in the U of M Stadium.

New Business:

 Student group
  We need two more people names to register as a student group with U of M.
  It is also been asked if the students would like the student group to have
a more active role.

  Christina Ericson would like to start a student group at washtenaw

Old Business:

Arm Bands
approved need receipt
  Our fencing champion made arm bands for pennsic and we would like to
reimburse her.
  $34.14
  check next week

  Spring Rum 2011
  The group has come to a conclusion that we may not be in a place to put in
a bid this year. We will look to maybe next year.

 Wassail
  Monique and Aaron are our autocrats.
 They are going to reserve the same site where we had investiture. This will
be a dry site.
 The dates will be December 11th and will run from 1pm to 11pm.

 Role of Arms
  Please submit your arms to Shoshanna.
 She is compiling a comprehensive book of Cynnabar arms with 34 submissions
so far.

 Grand Tourney
  We are still in need of prizes for 12 to 15 tournaments.
  Melisant asked if the barony had any objection to pieces of baronial
fabric being used as prizes.
  This was fabric that had been donated to the barony at various times.

 12TH Night 2011
  People are needed to teach classes contact Arin.
  Fernado and Loveday are in charge of feast.
  $600 budget for 60 seats
  Oct 25th for their budget approval.
  General budget is coming

Thrones
   Finished, Will be taking possession at red dragon
   Looking at doing some carving on them.
   baron and baroness are speaking to artists about this.