[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for August 15th, 2011

Anne Stevenson elaine242 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:38:14 UTC 2011

Weekly meeting minutes for August 15th, 2011

Announcements:
- There will be no archery practice until August 30th.
- Citadel Competition: Ermenrich is hosting a competition for 2 different
Pennsic submissions (due Sept. 15th).  The first is a written submission;
either poetry, prose or so forth which highlights something from Pennsic.
The second is a photo contest.  Winners will have their next SCA event
admission paid by the Chronicler.
- Wednesday will be craft night at Arin's house!  Pottery will be available
as the kiln is up and running!

Old Business:

New meeting site:
We are in need of a new meeting site, since Border's is closing.  One
possible suggestion is Nicola's bookstore, but they close at 9pm which means
we might need to change the start time of the meeting.  If anyone has more
ideas of possible site locations, please let Bjarki know.

St. Ceclia at the Tower:
Jadwiga handed out proposal sheets for a possible new Period Musician's
event for Cynnabar.
More discussion will be had - some concerns were about the location of the
event.
Please contact Jadwiga with questions.

New Phonebook:
Ermenrich is working on this and should be ready to put out a fact check
copy soon.

Cynnabar Fiber Faire (Oct. 1st)
Nothing new to report

Grand Tournament (December 3rd)
Things are moving along.
Their Excellencies invited Her Highness at Pennsic - a more formal request
will happen, but She has at least mentioned that She would check Her
calendar.  It would be great if we could have Royalty in attendance!
Helena will be serving as head of Gate (thank you!!)

Manchester Demo (August 27th)
We still are in need of people to volunteer to help with this demo!
Another email will go out to the list shortly.

Seneschal Position:
Finn has offered to serve as the new Baronial Seneschal.
Mistress Claire has offered to serve as his Deputy.
A decision will be made next week.

Bank Change:
An approval has been made to switch our finances to 5th 3rd Bank.

New Business -

Novice Arts and Science Faire:
Mistress Margarete has made a proposal for a new Cynnabar event
to possible happen in February of next year.  This event would
focus on A&S competitions and assist with teaching novice applicants
and judges of best practices.
More discussion will happen about a possible site and costs.

Pentamere Principality
Information is going around regarding interest on making Pentamere a
Principality.

Populace Badge:
Their Excellencies revealed the new Populace badge at Pennsic.
They would like to see about starting a Cafe Press store where items
with this badge could be sold, but would need someone to spearhead this.

Renewal of U of M Group:
We need to make sure that we have at least 10 UofM students.
If those who are would contact Aaron asap, that would be great!!

Collegiate Recruitment:
Just around the corner is Festifall, Northfest, and Mass Meeting
which are our UofM recruitment dates.  I am looking for college-age members
to help with this.  Please let me know if you are willing to help.
Festifall - Thursday, September 8th from 11-4
Northfest - Tuesday, September 13th from 11-3
Mass Meeting - September 19th

Banner:
A proposal has been made to have a new Cynnabar/SCA banner,
approximately 8'.  A possible design and costs will be discussed at
the next meeting.

Parchment:
If you are interested in learning on how to make your own parchment,
please contact Sir Ranthulfr - he is planning on teaching a workshop.

Event and Demo Reports:
- Some people may or may not have gone to Pennsic.  :)

Officer Reports:
Delayed until next week.

My apologies for any mistakes or needed corrections!

Yours,
Giovanna