[Cynnabar] St. Cecilia at the Tower?

Monique Rio mrio at umich.edu
Wed Aug 17 18:46:39 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've attached a copy of the Proposal I handed out at the meeting on
Monday, but to answer the question...

Ceclia at the Tower is a workshop event for musicians. Specifically
for musicians who play European Medieval and Renaissance music. Right
now in the Middle Kingdom there are no events like this. (Although,
apparently many years ago such events existed.)

At the last Knowne World Dance and Music Symposium there was a music
class track that was really successful. After the event a number of
people mentioned they'd love to have a full event for just music. I've
been thinking about hosting a music focused event for a while, and it
seems like now is the right time to do it. Aaron and I know a lot of
the musicians in the kingdom already, we've been helping plan workshop
type events for several years, and there's already some interest.

So... it's like Terpsichore, but for musicians instead of dancers.

Hope that clarifies things-
-Jadzia

http://www.blowthyhorn.com ~ Choir Directing & Early Music