[Cynnabar] St. Cecilia at the Tower: Workshop or Event?

Melanie Schuessler melanie at faucet.net
Wed Aug 24 17:43:25 UTC 2011

On the topic of whether it should be a tightly-focused or a broader event, I lean in the tightly-focused direction.  I think the answer to Ilse's question is that the rest of the Barony fits in by supporting the event so that our many excellent musicians can spend their time taking and teaching classes, jamming, and generally enjoying the event instead of sitting at gate, etc.  Keeping it small limits the amount of support staff that will be needed.

And hopefully the musicians will return the favor by working at events like Grand Tourney (for example) so that the fighters can focus on fighting.

Our musicians bring us renown far and wide, and this event has the potential to become a destination much as Terp is.  I think it's worth supporting.

Melisant