[Cynnabar] Fwd: [Mid] Fall Crown A&S Display

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:14:10 UTC 2011

A&S display coming up!

YIS
Arin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roana Aldinoch <roana.aldinoch at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Subject: [Mid] Fall Crown A&S Display
To: sca-middle at midrealm.org

Unto all good gentles within our borders, I, Roana Aldinoch, send
greetings and good cheer.

Soon, the wind will blow chill, the leaves will turn, and our great
King and Queen will take it upon Themselves to seek an heir. During
the great tournament of our beloved monarchs, another display of skill
will take place. In the Grand Ballroom, tables will be covered with
beautiful, interesting, intriguing and exceptional work from our
Artisans and Scientists. Be they novice or Laurel, completed or just
mostly done, these items will provide a window into the ability of our
craftsmen and craftswomen. Take the time to visit the Arts & Sciences
Display at Crown Tournament, and to show your good opinion by leaving
bits and baubles for the artisans. It is our hope that this display
will be of such scope and depth that there will be something for
everyone to enjoy.

In that vein, I ask all of our artisans from far and wide to bring
something to show your skills. We ask for no other documentation than
the most basic explanation of your display item, though as always,
more information is always appreciated. Please provide a 3x5 card with
the five Ws: Who (that's you), What (that's the item), When (general
timeframe), Where (Russia? Northern Africa?), and hoW (techniques,
materials, tools). You are welcome to stay with your items to explain
and describe them at your will, but any display items (stands, etc.)
must be provided by you. Tables and chairs will be available. We are
hoping to fill the Grand Ballroom with your wares, so don't be shy.
Your little bit of embroidery or half-woven trim may be what convinces
someone else to take up the art that you so love.

For more information, please contact me at this email address. I look
forward to seeing all of your beautiful work!

Yours in eternal service to the Crown and Kingdom of the Middle,

Lady Roana Aldinoch
Event Steward, Crown Tourney
Seneschal of Wurmwald

--

"Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I
think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by

~Eleanor Roosevelt