[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for August 29, 2011

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:58:54 UTC 2011

Barony of Cynnabar’s weekly meeting minutes for August 29, 2011

Announcements:

Received flyer for Rendezvous at the bridge XXII - October 7th - 9th 2011 in
Lincoln City, IN

Download a copy of the flier at:
<http://www.midrealm.org/rivierec/rendezvous/senflier2011.pdf>
http://www.midrealm.org/rivierec/rendezvous/senflier2011.pdf

Old Business:

St. Cecila at the Tower – Date TBD

This event is focused to be a workshop by musicians for musicians.

Everyone is good with the focused scope of this event. There are 2 dates
being considered (May 12th or June 9th of next year). There are also 3 sites
that are possible (Ladies’ Literary Club, St. Paul’s or Pierpont Commons at
the UoM).

The event has a budget planned of $300. Even with multiple site
possibilities, they are all within the budget amount. As this was the 3rd
meeting to talk about the event and budget, the Barony discussed and
approved the budget and go-ahead for this event.

Cynnabar Fiber Faire – Oct. 1st

Fiber arts event with classes and demonstrations of the fiber arts.

No new updates.

Grand Tournament – Dec. 3rd

It’s our Grand Tourney with lots of cool stuff, ‘nuff said!

There was a event planning meeting and the event is still in progress. The
event even has a jingle (it’s period too!).

Novice A&S Faire – Date TBD

This event is designed for people new to entering A&S competitions and
people new to judging A&S competitions to come and learn about the process
and details in a relaxed environment

Good discussion on event plan and scope. Looking at late January for
timeframe with specific date TBD. People were in agreement that the focused
event will be good and that this can be a good. Many good ideas for possible
sites for the event that will keep the budget reasonable. An event budget of
$450 is proposed (1st meeting/discussion) and everyone seems comfortable
with it. The budget does not include food/day-board/lunch tavern as that it
still being worked thru (but can be discussed/approved by the group as a
separate line item later).

Wassail! – Dec. 17th(?)

Wassail!, ‘nuff said!

Planning the event is still in progress including researching sites.

Renewal of UofM student group:

If you are a UofM student, please contact Aaron with your information. We
have 6 at the moment but need 10 total (at the minimum) in order to have an
official student group and reserve rooms on campus. If anyone knows of any
students that are willing to sign up as part of the student group, please
have them contact Aaron (at aelkiss at umich.edu) ASAP.

Collegiate Recruitment Events:

Just around the corner is Festifall, Northfest, and Mass Meeting

·         Festifall - Thursday, September 8th from 11-4

·         Northfest - Tuesday, September 13th from 11-3

·         Mass Meeting - September 19th starting at 6:30

Along with Mass Meeting, Margarete and Giovanna are looking into having a
“new person’s schola”. This is designed to supplement Mass Meeting and is
just in the beginning discussion phase. Stay tuned for more details.

Banner:
Banner is done and it looked good in the pictures from the Manchester Demo.
Cost came in at about ½ (around $70) of the original $140 estimate. Thanks
to Sir Dag for the quick turnaround and excellent work.

Phonebook:

Ermenrich is still targeting September 1st.

Please send him your information or updates to malagemann at gmail.com

Populace Badge:

Still looking into having a Cafe Press store and selling items with the
populace badge

on them.  No new updates this meeting.

New Meeting Site:

Discussion was held and everyone is in agreement Nicola’s Books is a good
place for our regular meeting space. Finn is contacting Amyon to schedule
the next several meetings (hopefully thru October). This meeting was held at
the Classic Cup Café and it should work well as a back-up site if Nicola’s
is unavailable for some reason. The Café’s food was good and reasonably
priced and we had a banquet room to ourselves where we could hear
everything. But next meeting should be September 12th at Nicola’s Books

Bank Change:

We have opened our 5th 3rd account. Both Finn and Mistress Claire should be
signatories on the account by end of week (as seneschal and deputy seneschal
respectively).

New Business:

Event and Demo Reports:

Manchester Demo

Great stuff. Lots of people. Valuable demo to do.

Grill and Kill

Good time. Two monthly tourneys were held. Gilebert and Hjorleif were the
winners!

Other new business

-          Finn will have a new e-mail account for the Cynnabar seneschal
office. The idea is that when the office is turned over to the next
seneschal, the entire e-mail account can be handed off to the next person
with all the history so personal e-mail address or forwarding of history
wont’ be an issue.

-          If you are on office of the Barony, please send Finn your
reporting schedule.

-          We sang Happy Birthday to Jadzia.

In service,

-Finn