[Cynnabar] Indoor Heavy Weapons Policy

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:36:13 EST 2011

Hi All-

   As the acting Group Knight Marshall I would like to start some new safety
traditions for our indoor practices:

1.  ARMOR BOMBS -- When we practice indoors at the Union we have very
limited space, particularly in the Kuenzel room. Please be sure after you
arm yourself to stow your boxes/bags/spare parts/etc out of the way. We do
not have enough space to armor bomb and still provide safe walking paths.

2. GREAT WEAPONS -- I do not feel that Great Weapons
(glaives/poles/axes/great swords/spears/etc) can be used safely in the
Kuenzel and Anderson rooms when they are crowded with fighters and
spectators. There just isn't enough room. As such, these weapons forms will
not be allowed at regular indoor practices. Tournaments and classes will
still be acceptable venues for their use as there are fewer fighters on the
floor at once and there are more people watching/marshalling during these
activities.

3. INSPECTIONS -- Please consider having yourself inspected by a buddy
before you start fighting. No one is going to break out the guage to check
your bars, but having someone look you over to assure that you didn't forget
your gorget or demi-gauntlet (both have happened so far in 2011...) is
always prudent.

4. LANYARDS/TRIGGERS -- Have them. Use them. Every time. Period.

Thanks,

-Gregoire.