[Cynnabar] Val Day Arts and Sciences

L R zinia_flower at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 07:59:00 EST 2011

I also plan on displaying something in the A&S display at Val Day.  I would like to say that this is a great display for beginners to A&S displays as it is very low pressure.  It is not a competition, and there are no judges, only admires that sometimes leave you chocolate.  Also do not feel your work has to be perfect.  If you made mistakes you learned from explain that in your documentation.  You may be helping someone else to make their work better.

If you are visiting the A&S display, take some time to read documentation on a few projects.  Sometimes there is more work in the documentation than the project itself.

Also do not forget to take advantage of the classes that are lined up, they are already posted on the website.  Several members of Cynnabar are teaching and I know it always feels good to see familiar faces in the crowd when teaching.

The free classes are one of the SCA's greatest assets.  Just compare how much you would pay to take similar classes elsewhere, if they were available at all!

http://midrealm.org/threehills/valday/classes.html

See you at Val Day!
Halima