[Cynnabar] Meeting minutes 1/17/2011 and officer reports

Bjarki Bjornson docdtw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 03:15:55 EST 2011

> Announcements

     There will be another shoe order placed. If you are interested please
contact Greg.
      Please have your orders in by the end of January.

      Event Steward Workshop
       Feb 21st 7:15pm

       Terp. Music practice
        5-7pm Sunday at Aaron and Monique's house

> Old Business
>>

>>  Winter Fest
>>
>           we got a few e-mails and some interest. Weather was awful.
            We will be working on creating a new recruiting DVD for the
barony
             and other display items. Workshop TBA

        Terp
           There will be a pre-event revel Friday night after set-up. Set-up
starts at 6:30 pm.
           The Ad will be in the Feb. Pale.

 We need a new Chronicler, Knight's Marshal, Chatelaine

>           Please contact Bjarki if you are interested. Looking to have new
officers in Feb.

 New Fencing Gear

>              We are looking in to ordering
                 2 masks
                 2 swords
                 2 gorgets
             prices to come

     Renewing out webpage domains
             We need to spend $135 to renew .org for nine years
               also we need to renew .net at $15.yr and .com at $12/yr
          We are planning on renewing all three and spending around $400
          This is to make it so we don't have to worry about it for nine
years.
           If anyone see's a discount on Go Daddy or or sites where this is
cheaper that would be nice.

New Business
  We will not be donating to the Dixboro Church
  We are looking to donate $125 to the Holy Cross (Grand Tourney site)
    This is because of the small fee and need to keep good relations.
    We discussed that we would do this if we had not heard from the church
about the floor issue.

 Half Century Holiday Event
  Her Grace Anne Marie would like us to help her with a birthday event.
   She would like some people to volunteer
    we need: set-up
                  tear down
                  list field transport
                  Banners/ table cloths
                  a Lunch feast O' Crat
                  A&S coordinator/ classes
                  Dessert Revel coordinator
                 And a few other position
     The event is scheduled for May 14th
          There will be no singing "Happy BIrthday"

Officer Reports

Exchequer
Balance $6500
Would like to have two cash boxes at 40 a piece, but finds the cost to much.
Looked in to a register and found a cheap one at $99 dollars but this seems
extravagant.
Working on Domesday

MOAS
sent in report
There was a good turn out for 12th night A6S bean count
Wednesday night is Craft Night at Randy and Ann's house.

 Herald
  not present

 Armored Marshall
   not in attendence
We should look to purchase items for the Barony
 spears, rattan, basket hilts
   Straum will get rattan and basket numbers together.

 Chatelaine
    Manchester Demo (world market theme)
       we could help decide what date    Aug 27?
       Thurs Feb 3rd at one there is a committee meeting.
        We need to work with them on where in Manchester would be best.

   Main Library AA
     Looking into doing a demo Downtown Ann Arbor.

    West Gate Festival
       This is an event at West Gate shopping complex that we could do a
demo at

    Heritage Festival
     Aug 19, 20,21
      Looking for non-pennsic people to maybe volunteer.

     Gold Key needs reorganization for shelving and coat racks

 Chronicler
   We do not have one currently.
    Aaron is willing to make a blog template if this is something someone
thinks they could upkeep.

 Fencing
  We are ordering new fencing gear
  We need to work on authorizing our armored fighters.

 Web minister
  OOP is being cleaned up
  We had spammers on cynnabar website.
  Web hosting from Brannos no longer being used.
  We have moved to Aaron's server. We should transfer the payments from
Brannos to Aaron.
  People are needed to be responsibility for calendar issues.

Baron and Baroness
 Have the new thrones and are talking to Damb Lamb to do some of his
beautiful carving for the Barony.
 Make you award reccomendations now if you have any for Val Day.
 The OOP is getting overhauled.
  12th Night Awards
  Gwen McIian AOA
  Arnold Bronze Ring
 We are still a barony

There were 16 people in attendance.

 If you have any additions please contact me
  Thanks
  Bjarki