[Cynnabar] Armoured Melee practice today.

Art Sinclair tairdelbach at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:13:58 UTC 2011

Hello All,

This is to notify everyone that I am calling off tonight's practice (it was
going to be the final one anyway). I have learned that quite a number of
people are out of town and the numbers have been dropping off a bit as well.

However, just because there is no practice doesn't mean that you can't keep
up preparations for completing your kits for Pennsic. Those who are planning
to get new War Shields should be making sure that they have all the hardware
needed to finish them (baskets, straps, etc.). I have briefly talked with
Sir Straum about having a gathering next Wednesday to put the edging and
other hardware on shields so if you can please be ready for that and I will
send out another note next week confirming the time and location.

And of course if you still require armour you should be looking online and
asking questions from any of the experienced fighters about where to buy or
how to make what you need, as there will be no loaner gear at Pennsic.

Lastly, I just want to say thank you again to all of you for showing up and
working so hard all summer. I know we got rained out a lot this year, but
even on those days we met and talked about tactics and other topics and I
can tell you that every single time we met, whether we practiced in armour
or not, showed a positive impact on the field at the next event we were at.
Every single event we went to I got comments about how well we performed and
how we kept improving. I am really looking forward to not just Pennsic, but
next year already!

Tairdelbach

They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
they think my days have a price.
-- Kahlil Gibran