[Cynnabar] A "minor" bit of censorship

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Sat May 14 14:14:38 UTC 2011

On May 14, 2011, at 9:04 AM, dirk mayhew wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 21:05 -0400, Randy Asplund wrote:
>> So talk, think, and share what you learn.
>
> I have learned that belittling other people's concerns - even if those
> concerns are irrational - rarely changes their opinion.

That is a very wise point Dirk. You are right.

And yet, choosing to take personal offense where none is intended (I'm
not saying that is you Dirk) when the criticism is aimed at someone
else entirely is a sign that one might have a higher "sensitivity"
than others reading the exact same thing. This is not surprising.
Unfortunately, some people will naturally feel that they are being
personally belittled when someone criticizes something they believe,
no matter how sugar coated it gets. My post was satire, and not
belittling to anyone here personally.  Anybody here who didn't read it
that way might seriously consider the implications of the term "knee-
jerk reaction" and how it pertains to themself. Nobody says we all
have to agree all the time, but taking offense at someone's
disagreement is a choice.

RanthulfR

Randy Asplund
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103