[Cynnabar] Grand Tournament Teaser!

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:05:24 UTC 2011

Oh hear yee all, wide and far!

We hereby proudly announces a competition in heraldic display, to be
held at Grand Tourney December, 3rd, 2011, in the Barony of Cynnabar!

In medieval tournaments, you had to show who you were, and in the
spirit of this, we would like to encourage everyone to proudly show
your heraldic colors at Grand Tourney! There will be several ways that
we will encourage you to do this.

1. You can dress up in your heraldic best and come and enjoy the
event. If you have a coat of arms, you can make a miniature shield
with your arms and name, to be on display by the gate. Materials will
be available.

2. You can dress up in your heraldic best, and enter the heraldic
display competition. There is only one rule for contestants - your
entry has to be either wearable or a banner to be hung in the great
hall. Dress up, and/or bring your banner. You can enter the
competition by contacting the Cynnabar herald, before November 23rd,
and we will make your shield before hand, or by entering at the gate
by making your own miniature shield at the site, and then placing it
in the competition box.
The winner will be determined by the populace voting for their
favorite display, by placing the name of their favorite display in the
voting box. Start and end times for voting will be posted at the gate.
The winner will be announced in court.

3. Come and vote for the best display!

Other miniature shields will be posted for the 12 fighters that will
enter the Cynnabar champions tournament and for the other fighters
too, to make it easier to identify fighters.

Cynnabar Herald and MOAS