[Cynnabar] Armored Fight Practice News

Greg Less greg.less at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:59:43 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone -

   We had a fantastic class and practice yesterday at Island Park! My thanks
to Sir Jocelyn, Godewyn and Rainier for making the trip out from Roaring
Wastes to teach us about fighting against left-handed opponents and ways to
apply the principles we were taught to all opponents regardless of which
hand they are using to fight!

   In addition to the great class, for the second week in a row we've had 15
or more people in armor, many from out of town bringing new styles and
techniques for us to learn from! Everyone please keep showing up and
bringing your A-game both for the regulars and the guests!

Armored Attendance September 11, 2011

In armor:
Sir Jocelyn
Tairdelbach
Gregoire
Godewyn
Rainier
Hjorleif
Bartholomew
Midair
Dove
Tomak
Iain
William
Daibhid
Malachi
+3 out of town people who's names I have embarrassingly forgotten..

Out of armor, but at class and/or teaching:
Sir Straum
Sir Adler
Jason
Gilebert
Gaius
Doji
Kayden

Also, we had many observers from the barony and the local community. We did
a great job of engaging people who stopped to take pictures or ask questions
- let's keep up the good work of being a friendly and welcoming practice for
other SCA members and potential new members!

My apologies to anyone I may have forgotten - I got hit in the head a lot
this past weekend... :)

-Gregoire.