[Cynnabar] Generalist Events vs. Niche Events or Opening the Can of Worms

dirk dirkmayhew at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 12:30:57 UTC 2011

> To sum up, I think we should comp volunteers at our niche events.

I disagree, but if you want to comp people, build it into the event
budget proposal.

I've run, helped run, & attended quite a few "niche" events in the last
thirty years.  Success, in my experience, is based on internal
motivations of an enthusiastic group, not site fee.

If you're predicting a shortfall of volunteers, remind me the site &
date please?  I'll do what I can, and I bet others will, also.

- dirk