[Cynnabar] Donations vs. Site fees

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Fri Sep 16 18:45:04 UTC 2011

Separating out the tread.

The idea of doing a donation only site-fee model to cover event expenses is
fine. Can it work? I don't know. It would be interesting to find out. The
group would have to acknowledge the inherent risk that the donated site-fees
may not be enough to cover event costs. As long as we are OK with this, then
I would personally not be against trying this model out.

Do I think we should go to donation only site-fee model for every event? No.
Some sites and events are just too big and I would not be comfortable with
that risk. But with smaller events or as one-off trial basis, I think it
would be cool to try.

-Finn