[Cynnabar] New Chatelaine Introduction

Jennifer Lyn jenniferlynangel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:04:58 UTC 2012

Greetings to the good and gentle folk of the Barony of Cynnabar!

It is with great honor and gratitude that I accepted the position of
Chatelaine for the Barony of Cynnabar at court last night. Many thanks to
Baronessa Giovanna for her immense service and dedication to Cynnabar as
our outgoing Chatelaine. I appreciate the faith and trust everyone has
placed in me to welcome and guide our newcomers, as well as educate and
retain our existing members, so that we all have a long and happy life in
our Society.

I encourage anyone who has ideas on recruiting new members to contact me --
I would love to hear from you. I am also interested in ways to bolster the
lords and ladies already well established in our society, and I have some
ideas already kicking around on ways to do this. If you have not yet met
me, I will be seeking you out at events ... I often wear a big red German
hat with hearts on top and white feathers all around (yeah, it's hard to
miss).

I will be updating the Chatelaine web page in the coming months, and I will
make announcements on new additions. In particular I plan to update all of
our promotional handouts and make them also available online as
downloadables. A simple thing, but if it helps even one person, I am
pleased.

My first act as Chatelaine is to announce that we now have SCA social
cards! (A social card is like a business card, but it's for, well, social
things ... ever so much more appropriate for what we do.) This is a
fold-over card, standard business card size, printed in full color. The
card explains the SCA, gives ways to learn more, and encourages folks to
attend Cynnabar events and meetings. I encourage everyone to take a handful
of these cards and keep them in your pouch, event box, wallet, vehicle --
wherever you think you might meet people curious about the SCA. I will have
the cards available at meetings and events, and will be passing them out
like candy.

Thank you again for the opportunity to be of service!

Im Dienst,
Genoveva von Lubeck