[Cynnabar] Go team Cynnabar!!! Ale to the Victors

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 20:48:22 UTC 2012

Greetings Cynnabar Craftspeople, Warriors, Heralds, Cooks...and anyone who cheers forth this great Barony!

Your Baron and Baroness need your help! Come one, come all...and hey, come have fun with your Barony as we face the "Northwoods Warriors" in friendly fall-themed football/tailgate style competition!

We have been discussing this event for several months in the meetings and here's the details, finally! This event will be held at the Brighton Rec area and is sponsored by the Canton of WeldLake in Northwoods. Cynnabar's participation will be needed as a 'competitor' and we need all of your help. There are several ways to enter and score points for Cynnabar's team whether you are a brewer, fighter, herald, or...heck yeah...a cheerleader!

The date is Saturday, Sept. 22 from 9 am to 9 pm. There is a $15 site fee -- which includes lunch tavern, water and lemonade and "Post game" (feast) brats and hot dogs -- read "Tailgate" section below for more info. Camping is available at the park, but not at the direct site. (Call the Brighton Rec Area at 1-866-561-9703 for info and reservations.)

I have listed the different tourneys and competitions below. If there are more questions about the event, the website is at: http://weldlake.org/ale/ale_to_the_victors.htm or you can contact the event steward, Lady Aliyah, at aliyahbatasriel at yahoo.com.

Start brainstorming ideas!!! This sounds like a lot of fun....and, Go Team!

Tairedelbach and Hannah
Baron and Baroness

---

Archery
There will be 3 scored tournament targets for Ale Points:
	* 10 Brown Bottles Hanging on the Wall

	* 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall

	* Tap the Keg
Additionally Ale Points will be awarded to the team
	* with the Highest Scoring Individual in the above three tournaments

	* fielding the Most Participants

Armored
“La Soule”
Since the theme of this event is a Medieval Football Tailgate Saturday, we have to have a football game! The “first half of the game will be a tournament for “heavy” fighters that
incorporates a game of “La Soule.”
	* 1 Ale Point awarded to the team with the Highest # of Goals Scored

	* 1 Ale Point awarded to the team with the Last Man Standing

Rapier
The second half of the game will be played by the rapier fighters. Let’s just say that “alcohol abuse” will not win you any points!
	* 1 Ale Point awarded to the team Spilling the Least Ale when the fighting is over.

	* 1 Ale Point awarded to the team with the Last Man Standing

Team Spirit
How do you show Team Spirit? You could wear the “correct” colors. You could wave a banner or pennant. You could paint your face. You could . . .Everyone has heard some kind of cheer, right? Well, we want another one! Not like the other ones! Go Teams! And. . . given the name of the event . . . we want a fight song too! You can have multiple entries. More than one person or group can submit cheers or fight songs for their teams. You don’t have to settle on just one. Please limit your performances to 3 minutes. A
written copy of cheers and songs must be turned in at Troll. Herald’s will judge on performance and lyric. Bonus points will be given for Marching Bands which must be at least 5 people and have a drum major. Extra bonus points might be given for flag corps, baton, and/or color guard. Bands if present will perform post-game.

 There are a total of 6 Ale Points possible:
3 Populace Points and 3 Herald Points
	* 1 pt for Best Heraldry
	* 1 pt for Best Pre-Game Cheer
	* 1 pt for Best Post-Game Fight Song
Half-Time!!!
What football game would be complete without a Half-Time Show? Bring your dancers or nondancers and let them take the field for a half-time dance off. This will be a populace point. We don’t want the Marshals to feel left out. We want to see them smile and maybe even laugh! Grab your shield and form a line. If you form a group and break out into a snappy cadence like the “Briefcase Brigade” in the the Thanksgiving Parade that’s ok! Or maybe you’d like to show off some Shield Wall Maneuvers, that’s ok! Show those dancers up? Ok!
1 Populace Ale Point for Dance-Off
1 Marshalls’ Ale Point for Parade of Shields

Heraldry
As any good hostess will tell you, presentation is everything! We want our party to look good! Pageantry is all the rage! We want to see your colors! Show us your devices!

Team:
	* 1 pt for Apparel

	* 1 pt for Banners/Flags

	* 1 pt for Other

Unit:
	* 1 pt for Apparel

	* 1 pt for Banners/Flags

	* 1 pt for Other

Individual:
	* 1 pt for Apparel

	* 1 pt for Banners/Flags

	* 1 pt for Other

Libations
Aside from the “football” this is where its at! Bring your beer/ale, wine/mead, or non-alcoholic libation for judging. In addition to Ale Points for their allied team winners of this Brewing and Vintning Challenge will offer prizes to the winners in the three categories.
	* 1 pt for Beers/Ales

	* 1 pt for Wines/Meads

	* 1 pt for Non-Alcoholic

Tailgate
Tailgating is all about the company, the food and drink, and the game. That the company will be good goes without saying because you’ll be there, right? We’ve taken care of the game. We’ve taken care of drink - water and lemonade will be available throughout the day. This is also a wet site so feel free to BYOBeer/Ale/Wine/Mead (no hard liquor please). We just ask that you drink responsibly. All that’s left is the food and we’ve taken care of most of that, too. The Tailgate Tavern will be open at lunch time and will have a selection of lunch items and is included in your site fee. After the game the Tavern will open once again with Beer Brats and Dogs (also included in your site fee!) The Tailgate Point is up for grabs for your interpretation of Medieval Tailgate. If you’d like us to judge your side dishes for the Tailgate portion of this event, you will
need enough to feed yourself and whoever you plan to feed plus enough for three judges to taste. (This is a BYO not a potluck.)
	* 1 Ale Point for Taste

	*  1 Ale Point for Presentation

There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton