[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 11/26/12 meeting and Officer Report night

Dennis Higgins mortisfan at comcast.net
Sat Dec 1 19:00:40 UTC 2012

I realize that I'm not the only witty and clever person in this great Barony
of ours. So instead of me providing some clever witticism for entertainment
while reading these notes, I'll leave it up to you to fill in some humorous
banter this time. Ready?

Go.....(I'll wait while you think of something)..(Got something yet?)....
(Take all the time you need)..(All set? Good.)..and.

At last meeting 15 (*fill in your cleaver and funny bit here*) people were
in attendance.

The report (and thanks for your help with the humor bit, you're pretty
good).

-Finn

Seneschal

Event and Demo Reports

Nicola's books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 24th) -  Busier than previous day
we did this but not "busy". Made about $52 dollars. Singers were great and
help generate some of the donations. It was noted that even if this is not a
big fundraiser dollar wise, we are out in the community in a history section
of a bookstore with local people. So this is a win overall even without the
money.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Ann Arbor Christian School Demo (Dec 6th) - Should be set. More dancers are
welcome. If one or two more armored and/or fencing combatants can attend, it
would be nice. Arrival time should be 6:30PM to get ready and demo starts at
7:PM.

Wassail (Dec. 8th)  - Ceara pitching in to assist Heidi. Need people to help
watch gate. Requested help to get decorations (received volunteer at
meeting). Requested help to run garage sale and silent auction (received
volunteers at meeting). Reminder looking for donations for said garage sale
and silent auction. Cookie contest entries needed. Possible classes coming
soon as well!

Cynnabar Holiday Gift Exchange (Dec. 17th)  - Garb is encouraged! There
Excellencies may hold court that evening as well. So Garb is very
encouraged!

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013)  - Web site is up.

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event proposal (May 18th, 2013) - Nothing new.

Old Business

Muslin for costume shop budget proposal - Mistress Millisant's costume shop
graciously lets us use their space for our garb workshops. In the past, we
have donated muslin (for making costume patterns) and it has been suggested
we should do another donation. This is a budget item proposal for spending
up to $150 on 44"-45" wide, 50 yard bolt of muslin. Finn has found an online
resource for a full 50yd. bolt for around $100 (+shipping). So the budget of
up to $150 was suggested to make sure shipping cost were covered. This was
the 2nd of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process. Everyone still like
this idea and it's a good thing.

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) -

New Business

None.

Announcements

-          12th Night in Roaring Wastes (Jan 5th) is looking for teachers
for classes as well as teachers or someone to lead dancing.

-          A suggestion for doing a can/food drive at Wassail was brought up
and people thought this is a good idea. Look for e-mails soon.

-          Notice, Sir Ranthlfr has several of his artwork being displayed
in a gallery opening in Switzerland.

-          Forester Grey may start having privet archery range openings on
Saturday when the weather is good. Look for info on Facebook if interested.
Please note: This would be an unofficial/private practice and not sponsored
by the SCA.

-          His Excellency announce that he has reserved the cabin for the
annual Fighters Retreat on the weekend of March 29th.

Officer Repots (normally done on 4th Tuesday of each month)

Exchequer (Vincent) - 3rd quarter report has been filed. Ledger balance as
of 11/21 is $5969.33. Vincent's term of office is expiring March of 2013. If
you are interested in taking over as Exchequer, please see Vincent or your
Seneschal (Finn). He is willing to stay on if no one else wants it, or until
someone wants to assume the duties. Or even if you want to just be a deputy,
that is good as well. Also, a question was raised about publishing the 2011
Domesday in a "special edition" of the Citadel newsletter so we would be in
compliance with Kingdom/Society law. Seneschal will investigate further as
to what is required.

Webminister (Aaron) -

Fencing Marshal (Galen) - Fencing is going well, and highly attended. We
pulled out and used almost every piece of loaner gear last weekend because
we had so many new comers. Thursday night practices are fine as well.
Attendance is typically four to six fencers, and we have occasionally even
received fencers from the Grand Rapid area who made a special trip out to
fence with us, and couldn't make it to a Sunday practice. I do believe that
the Cynnabar fencing page got hacked. I wrote to the web minister, and
pointed it out to Tairdelbach. Hopefully this will be corrected shortly.

MoAS (Arin) - Good archery workshop with 3 warders in attendance! Apple cake
was eaten. This week's workshop will be a general one including some more
arrow making.

Mo Youth (Ceara) - There were kids activities at Grand Tourney event. Good
time had and one of the mom's noted she really enjoyed it. We can encourage
parents with kids to come to more stuff. There will be kids' activities at
Wassail!

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Filed report. There are up to 30 potential people
are being kept in touch with. There will be 6 new people at Wassail with
possibly 2 more. There was also noted that it is being looked into starting
a mentor program and is looking for volunteers to be mentors. It was noted
and people considering this are aware of many potential issues on how to
implement this correctly. See your friendly neighborhood Chatelaine with any
questions. More info to be coming soon.

Chronicler (Ermenrich) -

Herald (Simcha) -

Knight Marshal (Jason) -

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) - Official Cynnabar archery practice has wrapped
up for the summer. There was an average of 8-10 people at practices with a
high of 14. Close of range went well. Compiling 4th quarter Domesday report.

Seneschal (Finn) - Only one business meeting left this year. Our Dec 10th
meeting is the only business meeting in December. The Dec 17th meeting is
for our gift exchange and the normal 4th Monday meeting is Christmas eve, so
no meeting then. Therefore if any officer did not send a report or give one
at the Nov. 26th meeting, you're officer report is due on Dec 10th! If you
did give a report at the Nov 26th meeting, you don't need to give one for
December.

Baron and Baroness (Hanna and Tairdelbach) - REALY NEED AWARD
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR WASSAIL! If unsure if someone has an award, you can
check the online OP. Or at least send them your recommendation even if you
are not sure. Also send in award recommendations for Kingdom 12th night
being held in Pentamere. They are also choosing their new A&S Champion at
Wassail. If interested let them know. And it was noted: We are not aware of
any change in status of our Barony.