[Cynnabar] Fwd: [Mid] Lawsuit Announcement

Ann Asplund asplund.ann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:06:23 UTC 2012

Very important!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ron Sargent <Thorvaldr at wowway.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Subject: [Mid] Lawsuit Announcement
To: sca-middle at midrealm.org

Greetings to the Populace of the Midrealm,

Early yesterday afternoon, the Royalty of the Known World and their
respective Kingdom Officers were contacted by the Board of Directors (BOD)
of the SCA, Inc., to inform Us that ongoing litigation involving the SCA
for many years has finally been settled. This is a good thing, as We know
you can all appreciate. To many of us who have enjoyed participating in the
SCA, the BOD has been nothing more than an invisible background to our
daily lives. We deeply appreciate the hard work that these members have
dedicated to dealing with this lawsuit.

The downside of this news is that the Society coffers are essentially empty
and in need of significant financial support to help completely settle the
matter. It is time for all of us to come to the aid of the Society that we
love. The monies needed to allow the SCA to comply with the terms of the
settlement are well over a million dollars. In order to meet this goal, the
BOD is requiring that each Kingdom write a check equaling at minimum 18% of
the cashable assets held in total by the Kingdom’s coffers. This total
includes all assets held by all groups in each Kingdom. The BOD needs to
collect and make available all funds within 10 days, so we must work
quickly.

Your Royal family has been busy discussing the methods to gather these
funds with Our Curia Regis, Peers of the Realm, and with many of the Groups
in the Midrealm already. We are a large and bountiful kingdom, and We know
that each and every one of you will back Us fully in doing everything We
must do to collect these funds for the sake of our Society. We will do Our
best to keep lines of communication open so that We can pass on information
as We receive it.

The BOD has posted additional information and background for all the
populace of the Known World to read and understand. Please go to:
http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlement.html<http://www.facebook.com/l/cAQEudC0y/www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlement.html>

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding during this time.

Your Royal Family,

TRM’s EikBrandr II and Runa II

TRH’s Savaric and Julianna****

** **