[Cynnabar] Curatorial Guided Tour

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 20:43:16 UTC 2012

I'm writing in once again to see who would like to have a guided tour
of the U of M exhibit Sacred Hands of the three Abrahamic Faiths.
This exhibit is not very large, but has several examples of ancient,
medieval and post medieval manuscripts on papyrus, parchment and
paper. It has Bible, Torah, Qur'an and other related texts dating from
Roman times, Egypt, Armenia, Europe and Middle Eastern sources.

So far only two people besides Arin and myself have expressed interest
in going. I stopped by to look last week when I was in doing research
and I thought it was a good exhibit. But the presentation would be
greatly enhanced by the words of a curator. The head of the special
collections department himself has offered to give us that tour. Its a
great opportunity, so I am making this last call to see if there is
any more interest.

If you are interested in seeing this exhibit with with the curator as
a guide, please email me by Friday of this week. If we have a couple
to a few more people to make it worth a special visit I will arrange
it. I will send a message to this list Friday night to say whether we
got the numbers or not.

The link for the exhbit is: http://www.lib.umich.edu/events/sacred-hands-exhibit-manuscripts-texts-three-abrahamic-faiths

RanthulfR

Randy Asplund
Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103