[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

Charles J. Cohen charles at eecs.umich.edu
Tue Feb 7 20:06:03 UTC 2012

Aaron Elkiss <aelkiss at umich.edu> writes:

>fund the settlement. I'm not at all against contributing extra because
>we can, either to other local groups whose situation will be made
>precarious by this, the Kingdom, or the Society, but anything extra
>should go through the normal discussion period.

The reason for forgoing the discussion period is because the SCA has to
acquire the funds in 10 days (not sure if that is calendar or work days
... sorry). So more money helps ease the strain on Kingdom when they
have to pay their invoice from Corporate.

Please note that I'm not saying your point isn't valid, because it
is. I'm giving you a reason why this is a legitimate time for the
Seneschal to say, "We need to have an emergency decision."

- Midair