[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

Aaron Elkiss aelkiss at umich.edu
Tue Feb 7 20:23:21 UTC 2012

If additional money right now helps something dire from happening then
by all means, let's give as much as we can, but so far nobody has made
it clear what that might be. My fear is that we give a great deal now
only to find that in a month's time that with all the facts we could
have made a better decision about how to distribute it. If everybody
pays their 18% share right now, that covers it, right? What I'm trying
to get at is: assuming all local groups pay their 18% of their
year-end 2010 assets, why is additional money needed immediately? If
not all groups pay their 18%, what will happen if the Kingdom or
Corporate is unable to come up with the full settlement in 10 days?
Does Kingdom or Corporate find it likely that not all groups will be
able to give the 18%?

-a