[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 21:13:51 UTC 2012

Some say "just do it." Others say "Let us see what is actually needed."

When I said "Let's give $1200 and be done," that was short for the generous
spirit put into words by Finn (and others):

> The folks at corporate and
> BOD are us. People from the SCA who love this organization and want to do
> best for it. So I'm for giving more (the 18+% of 2011 numbers) in our
> Societies time of need to help the organization that has given me so much
> over the decades.

I appreciate those who wish to consider further. But I don't believe there
is a lot of doubt about there being a pressing need. If the whole populace
over-gives and a ton of money winds up in the operating fund, well, so much
the better. The SCA has had to scrape by and forego programs too long while
the world has undergone another whole entertainment/hobby revolution.

This organization has indeed given much. Let us look at the future and think
what it can do once this is behind us.

The sooner the better.

Daibbhid