[Cynnabar] BoC - Settlement funding discussion

Monique Rio mrio at umich.edu
Wed Feb 8 03:34:57 UTC 2012

A few things:

1) From Tairdelbach:
"We have already been informed that the kingdom funds will be
virtually depleted and a number of projects will be placed on hold. "

Do we know if this is temporary depletion, as in Kingdom's writing the
big check, and the coffers will be depleted until all the little
checks from the subgroups clear? Or is it independent of each group's
tithe, as in even after all the subgroups have paid they'll still be
hurting? Or is it a bit of both?

I don't think this would necessarily change what we do, but it'd still
be nice to know.

2) Since we do have the funds to give now, and since we have been
given a bit more information (Thank you, Your Excellency!) I think we
should give something to Kingdom above and beyond the minimum required
at Val Day. It would help smooth things over and we can afford it.

2.5) I also want to make sure that we have sufficient money available
to directly help groups in the opposite position that we're in. I like
Adele's suggestion of asking the Kingdom Seneschal to let us know who
needs help. Given the information Kingdom has on the individual
groups, someone up there should be able to figure this out. I think
it's worth our time to do this.

So, the question I have is this, if we give $1200 to Kingdom on
Saturday, would the Barony still be able to give a helpful amount
($600? Another $1200?) in a month or two when the dust settles and we
find out which groups are really hurting because of the tithe? How
much more can we really afford to give? And if $1200 is really all we
can reasonably afford, wouldn't it make sense to maybe give a smaller
amount now, and save the rest for helping specific groups in the
future?

-Jadzia