[Cynnabar] Celtic Festival - July 14 - Save the Date!

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 13:10:06 UTC 2012

Hi Genoveva,

We plan to be there. I'll bring my scribal stuff including the desk,
some ceramics, some colors, a couple of hand-made books, and some
tools. I also plan to fight, so I doubt I'll actually try painting.
The two don't mix.
Arin will have to tell you what she plans to bring and do.

RanthulfR

On Jun 18, 2012, at 3:11 PM, Jennifer Genoveva wrote:

> Greetings unto the fair barony of Cynnabar!
>
> Our annual appearance at the Saline Celtic Festival is coming up in
> less than a month and I'm hoping to see many of you there,
> demonstrating the amazing things we do in our Society! Folks
> attending the festival are always very enthusiastic about our demos,
> and we always have a good time! Please take a moment now to mark the
> date in your calendars:
>
> Saturday, July 14 is the Celtic Festival!
>
> Right now I'd really like to get an idea of who plans to attend and
> what they are interested in demonstrating. I'm going to make an
> attempt at organizing our demonstration attempts so we an avoid
> having 7 weavers like we did last year -- many of us are multi-
> talented and I'm sure we can present a well-rounded showing with a
> little pre-planning. If you're just not sure what you'd like to
> demonstrate, or would like some guidance, we'd love to have folks
> showing things like:
>
> - Food Then vs. Now (i.e., look at the difference between a store-
> bought baby carrot and a big, long carrot with it's greens still on
> and maybe even a bit dirty from the ground!)
> - Armor - folks love to look and touch real armor, be it plate,
> mail, or leather
> - Costuming - While we're all wearing our garb, I'd still love to
> see someone bring more examples that a person could touch and feel,
> and perhaps illustrations of various time periods
> - Archery - Bring the accoutrements so folks can see and touch it,
> maybe see how it feels to pull back a bow string
> - Illumination - Love to see some scribes at work!
> - Weaving - Definitely want to see this, many people stopped to talk
> with us about it last year
> - Games and Toys - Always popular
>
> These are just a few ideas, and there are many, many more things I
> just don't have room to mention. Last year I also saw wool carding,
> bobbin lace, Viking handicrafts, and more!
>
> So if you plan to come for the day on July 14, or think you might be
> able to and just aren't sure yet, please drop me a line and let me
> know what you'd like to demonstrate. I will draw up a list and post
> it later to our mailing list.
>
> In the meantime, check out and share our page on the Saline Celtic
> Festival at http://cynnabar.org/saline-celtic-festival
>
> For those of you unfamiliar with this great event, here's an article
> on last year's festival, complete with photos of Cynnabarbarians: http://www.annarbor.com/news/celtic-culture-and-entertainment-draw-crowds-to-saline-festival/
>
> Thank you so much!
>
> Genoveva
> Cynnabar Chatelaine

Randy Asplund
Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 USA