[Cynnabar] Celtic Festival - July 14 - Save the Date!

David Hoornstra dhoorn123 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 18 20:19:49 UTC 2012

Genoveva,

Good ideas.

Once again, the SCA and Sword Club will be neighbors at the Celtic Fest.

I will again be crossing over from The Sword Club to the SCA and back again.
I hope to ‹like last year‹ demo armoured with Cynnabar and ³period fencing²
with the Sword Club. If Cynnabar sets up a demo-ing schedule, like every
hour or so, the Sword Club will alternate with it. However:

I understand the Ring of Steel will be returning to the Festival. We might
consider fitting them into the rotation on ³Swordfight row.²

The multicentury painting ³Eli at the Bridge² WILL be DONE and available to
display along with the narrative in the style of Froissart. However, that
narrative exists as far as I know only as a Word file. If someone were
available to callig it, even crudely, that would add greatly to a possible
display. Those who fought in that Pennsic might wear special tokens.

As in previous years, the Sword Club will leave SCA Rapier to the SCA,
focusing on its core curricula, modern and German Longsword ---oops I mean
Claymore.

See you all there. (Well, as many as want to be there)

Daibhid