[Cynnabar] Baron Wars & Archery Practice Sunday 7/1

Elizabeth Calhoun lizcal at umich.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:55:09 UTC 2012

Archers of the Populace, Attend!

Mistress Roewynne, the new Lt. General of Archery of our most glorious
Midrealm, has directed us to "Please get out and practice!"  She continues,
"We need everyone to shoot this year!  Even if you haven't shot in a while,
take those bows out and warm them up!"  (July 2012 PALE, p.6).  Mistress
Roewynne is looking toward Pennsic, and tomorrow -- Baron Wars in the
Barony of Red Spears -- offers you a whole day's worth of Range time.

Please consider joining us tomorrow at Historic Fort Meigs, easily
"day-tripped."  There will be morning and afternoon Royal Rounds, a clout
shoot, and additional fun including youth archery activities.

And while Archery Practice for those of us in Cynnabar and surrounds is
still scheduled for Sunday, let me caution you that we are still under a
Heat Advisory for the metro Detroit area until 9pm Saturday night.  Sunday
may not be much cooler ... and Forester Dillon is, barring unforeseen
circumstances, planning on being all day at Baron Wars tomorrow.  So
*CYNNABAR ARCHERS,* consider instead attending Kill & Grill this Sunday
with the Field Heraldry workshop preceding it.  If you get plenty of
practice tomorrow, go ahead and take Sunday off!

In these hot conditions, please take care of yourself and your tackle --
you BOTH need shade and "time off."  Drink water and take shade wherever
you can.

See you at the Line in Red Spears!

Yours Most Sincerely In Service to Their Excellencies Cynnabar, Their
Populace, and the Crown,

Godaeth, Archery GMiT