[Cynnabar] St. Cecilia Thank Yous

Randy Asplund randyasplund at comcast.net
Sun May 13 21:27:18 UTC 2012

I just want to add that the feedback from the out of state attendees
was VERY positive, very prolific, and very hopeful that the event will
continue. That's a very important mark of a successful event. I
believe word on that will spread and help ensure at least as
successful attendance for a follow-up event as the first.

Also, the pre-revel and post revel also seemed to make a really strong
impression on the attendees. Also well spoken of was the morning
gathering hosted by Midair and Alina. These three non-event aspects of
the event really made a positive difference that absolutely
contributed to their expressed desire to come back to this and other
Cynnabar events.

RanthulfR

On May 13, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Hannah wrote:

> Thank you Jadzia for a great day of music fun and running the event!
> Everything went very well and We were impressed with the number of
> people in attendance and the entire performance. We were very
> touched by the dedication as well!
>
> Another great event, Cynnabar!
>
> Hannah and Tairdelbach
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 13, 2012, at 4:24 PM, Monique Rio <mrio at umich.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> St. Cecilia was such a great event yesterday, and it was mostly
>> because of all the help I received. I'd underestimated what was
>> involved in running such an event, but feel blessed to have such a
>> supportive Barony. :)
>>
>> Specifically I'd like to thank:
>>
>> Their Excellencies Hannah and Tairdelbach for their support at the
>> event.
>>
>> People who helped with setup on Friday:
>> Aelfric, Vincent and Ermenrich
>>
>> People who worked at gate:
>> Midair, Alina, Natalie, Tim, Hannah, Tairdelbach, Claire, and Aelfric
>>
>> To those who hosted out of town guests:
>> Midair, Alina, Arin, and Ranthulfur
>>
>> And to Midair and Alina again for hosting the brunch this morning.
>> I'm
>> hoping it becomes a tradition. ^_~
>>
>> Ermenrich for fetching pizza, letting everyone know what was going on
>> and where things were, for taking notes at the A&S discussion, and
>> for
>> heralding the concert. You are so great. :-D
>>
>> Aelfric for being on site all day, taking care of the gate related
>> things, and for taking the banners after the event, and for helping
>> clean up and showing me what i needed to do for that.
>>
>> Johannes, for helping with odds and ends during the event, for taking
>> pictures of the concert, and for helping with tear-down.
>>
>> Arin, who also helped with odds and ends at the event, who helped
>> with
>> tear-down, and who kept checking on me to see if anything was needed.
>> :)
>>
>> Kasha, who warmed up the choir for me, helped me make sure my i's
>> were
>> dotted and t's were crossed, and helped with tear down.
>>
>> The teachers:
>> Simcha, Lutr, Kasha, Gyuri, and Aaron
>>
>> To all of you who brought snacks, especially Magda for her cookie
>> dough truffles. :)
>>
>> And, of course, to Aaron who helped with everything.
>>
>> Yay event!
>>
>> I'm not sure if I'll have a proposal for St. Cecilia at the Tower II
>> ready for tomorrow's meeting, but you can probably expect one within
>> the next month or so. :P
>>
>> -Jadzia
>>
>> P.S. If I missed you in my thank-yous it probably wasn't on
>> purpose. I
>> went to bed at about 4AM last night...

Randy Asplund
Facebook: "Randy Asplund, Artist"
www.RandyAsplund.com
Maker of Medieval books and
Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
(734) 663-0954
2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103