[Cynnabar] Weekly meeting minutes for 05/14/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:50:22 UTC 2012

Here is the meeting minutes from the 5/14/12 meeting. 18 people were in
attendance.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Spring Revel (April 29th) -  Went well. Lots of people showed up. Great
weather. Uillec is our new armored weapons champion and Birke is our new
rapier champion. Congrats to all!

Coronation (May 5th) -  We have new Majesties Savaric de Pardieu and
Julianna de Pardieu. Our own Gregoire was Knighted with 34 or so Cynnabar
people in attendance for his ceremony. Master Midair was sworn in as Kingdom
Seneschal and Alexander Drache was named Queen's rapier champion. A great
day and showing by Cynnabar! Also the Cynnabar BBQ (off board feast) and
party afterwards rocked!

St. Ceclia at the Tower (May 12th) - Went very well and ran smoothly. 52
people in attendance from all over including two other Kingdoms. LOTS of
good feedback. The concert went very well as well as the evening activities.
The pre and post revels were a success also. And to top it all off, we
should be making a decent profit on the event. Final numbers to come later.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Celtic Festival (July 14th) - No new update other than Genoveva will be
doing the internal coordination and HE Tairdelbach will be acting as liaison
to the park.

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  - Did a site walk through on Saturday 12th.
Everything looks good and we are proceeding as planned.

Old Business

New officer submission (Archery) for the Barony - Godaeth has offered her
services to become the Baronial Group Archery Marshal. To approve Godaeth as
the Baronial Archery MIT we will go thru the normal 3-meeting approval
process. This was the second meeting for discussion. Godaeth gave a state of
archery update and it was very through and well done. Next meeting will be
the final discussion and looking for final approval.

Northwoods event proposal: "Ale to the Victors" - (for early October)

Our northerly neighbors are looking to have an opponent for a fun event full
of competitions (A&S, armored, rapier and more) including a "medieval
tailgate" (think of this like a big football game). No date is set yet. More
details to come soon.

Baronial Ballista plans - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder only)

Plans ordered.

Fixing loaner leg armor proposal - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder
only)

Leg armor update from Gregoire:  One pair of knee cops have been purchased
from Uillec, per the original proposal. I spent some time over the weekend
trying to get this knee mounted on the existing cuisses and have come to the
conclusion that it just isn't going to happen. There is too much damage to
the existing plastic legs. Also, they were cut out in such a way that I
don't see them being terribly compatible with any metal knee cops out there.
I believe that I can, without requesting any new funds, manage to get new
legs built that will be more protective, more size adjustable, and
compatible with Bokalo knee joints.

Tithing to the Kingdom - (meeting minutes reminder/placeholder only)

The previously group-approved amount of $300 to their Highness's travel fund
will be presented at Crown in Kentucky in May. This line item will remain as
a meeting note but not brought up during the meeting proper unless someone
has a question/comment on it. This is just a reminder until we are able to
present this in May.

New Business

Baronial Business meeting on May 28th (Memorial Day) - Due to the holiday,
it was discussed and agreed upon to cancel the Baronial meeting on this
date. Timing is good as there is no urgent business items that will be
hindered by skipping this meeting. This is the 4th Monday meeting which is
normally the monthly officer reports. Since the meeting is canceled, officer
reports will be due the week before on May 21st (next week!).

Announcements

Archery updates - Godaeth reports that they have updated the Baronial
webpage with lots more information and will be adding A&S workshops as well.
Practices are going good and even had people from Roaring Wastes who have
commented how welcoming and friendly we are.

Gold Key - Genoveva informs us that gold key now has a photo catalogue of
what is available for loaner garb, (with sizes!) up on the Baronial website.
Check it out!

Music at fight practices - Jadwiga announced that they will be bringing
music to fight practices once or twice a month. Please feel free to come
join them. They will be letting everyone know beforehand which practices.

A&S - Arin has let us know that they have clay now and it will be available
for Wednesday craft nights. Also she is working on a list of workshops with
descriptions and outline for the website. Also look for the pre-Pennsic
workshop coming up shortly.