[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 11/12/12 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:33:07 UTC 2012

Meeting minutes are back on their regularly scheduled time
last minute on a
Sunday night! J

Last week’s meeting was run by our illustrious deputy seneschal Mistress
Claire. She sent me her hand written notes to transcribe, to which a cat
managed to spill an entire glass of juice all over them. So if some of the
notes below are a bit off, I apologize in advance.

18 sad and despondent (due to their regular +3 seneschal of awesomeness was
note there) people were in attendance. Fortunately, we have a +5 deputy
seneschal of super-coolness to make up the difference, so sad and despondent
became happy.

On to the report

-Finn

Seneschal

Event and Demo Reports

Grand Tourney (Nov 3rd)  – Had 102 people at event. Lost $573 (insurance
costs and 2 buildings). Lunch tavern did very well and made money. Johannes
will send out survey to help evaluate.

Known World Rapier and Costuming (Nov. 3rd)  – Took over a hotel. Kingdom
rapier champion was chosen a gentle from Roaring Wastes.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Archery Season Wrap up (Nov 18th) – 3nd discussion to approve spending $135
for rental of a portajohn. PASSED. Weather predicted to be sunny and in the
50s. Bring chair and food to share.

Nicola’s books holiday gift wrapping (Nov. 17th and Nov. 24th) – Genoveva
will drop off brochures with Amyon at store. All slots are filled!

Wassail (Dec. 8th)  – Have insurance certificate. Website is up. Baron and
Baroness invited new people to come. Start gathering stuff for yard sale and
back cookies!

Cynnabar Holiday Gift Exchange (Dec. 17th)  – Gregoire will check with
Giovanna about traditional rules for gift exchange. Wearing of garb is
[strongly] encouraged. $10 limit on gifts with nothing from Strom’s
basement.

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013)  – Aelfric will complete contract. Gregoire
will be cleaning up the labyrinth; others are welcomed to help that day.

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event proposal (May 18th, 2013) – Needs write up
for contract. Possible concert in the sanctuary.

Old Business

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) –

New Business

Genoveva – making set of shields of approved heraldry to be used to decorate
events/demos. There was a discussion about the use of heraldry if person
wasn’t at the demo/event. (editor’s note: there was no notation on the
results of that discussion. This would be a budget line item request for up
to $150. This is the first discussion of our 3 discussion/approval process.
This would be for making 40 shields out of lightweight plywood (instead of
fabric). Wood is cheaper, easier to make, use and will last a lot longer
than fabric. Shields would be property of the Barony and stored with the
rest of the Baronial stuff. Individuals can by a second copy of their own
devices then pay $3.

Announcements

-          Lady Johnnae Ilyn Lewis won a Blackfox award for her book review.

-          Need to replace tiles (sp?) in lists. Gregoire proposed that the
fighters talk about raising money to replace them and maybe add others to
make bigger list fields.

-          Kroger (through their cards) will give a percentage of all sales
to non-profit groups. Aelfric will check if SCA can qualify and how to do
this.

-          Last archery practice on Sunday. Wear garb, bring food to share.

-          Forrester Gray is joining Cynnabar. Welcome!

-          Question was raised I populace can have a  wooden copy of the
Cynnabar shield. Baron and Baroness will discuss and let us know.

-          Appliqué project continues. Arin reminded us that craft night is
Tuesday.

-          Baron and Baroness are searching for an A&S champion to be
appointed at Wassail!